Term is coming to a gentle end at BlueJam, with many of our classes and workshops pausing for a break over the summer holidays. We’re excited that over the summer BJYJE (BlueJam Youth Jazz Ensemble) will be playing at Solfest at the end of August and our BlueJam Band will be playing at 42 Degrees in July (we’ll be taking our gamelan for a jam too!). Jilly’s Jazz Practice Classes will be continuing on Mondays and Wednesdays throughout the summer (open to everyone aged 16+ – vocalists and instrumentalists) and if you fancy popping in to have a relaxing gamelan session, our space is open for that too! We will be regularly live streaming new music on our facebook page, often on Sundays at 7:30pm. We hope to run some online creative writing workshops later in the summer.
We have lots of resources online for you to enjoy through the summer too:
– Catch up on How to…Music, our webinar series
– Learn to sing some popular primary school songs with Bryony
– Play along with some of our Children’s Orchestra’s favourite tunes
– Hone your jazz techniques with our online teaching videos
– Be creatively inspired with our ongoing Finding Space in Silence project.
Keep in touch!